The Republic of Chubaka
“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Chubaka is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Cuthbert E Tygrys with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 948 million Chubakans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chuthulan. The average income tax rate is 72.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Chubakan economy, worth 103 trillion bakas a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,840 bakas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers, the acceptance of acupuncture and other alternative therapies has needled the scientific community, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Chubakan politicians, and fly fishermen are legally forbidden from using electronic lures. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chubaka's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Chubaka, fly fishermen are legally forbidden from using electronic lures.
- : Following new legislation in Chubaka, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Chubakan politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Chubaka, the acceptance of acupuncture and other alternative therapies has needled the scientific community.
- : Following new legislation in Chubaka, tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers.
- : Chubaka was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens and the Top 10% for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Chubaka, only Cuthbert E Tygrys's friends count in the eyes of the government.
- : Following new legislation in Chubaka, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers.
- : Following new legislation in Chubaka, rabbits are known to spontaneously explode without warning.
- : Following new legislation in Chubaka, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities.
- : Chubaka was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 88 » BearStackof2015, Wiranath, Fedele, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Davelands, Ravendi, Rhealaliit, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Axdel, Hizuru, Pakitsk, The Angel of Charity, Janoobi Jazair, Am Echad, Akorial, The Holy Utopian Republic, Acheronn, Agonya, Adavan, Adolanta, Abadong, Aklevin, Kilkire, CheeseBurrito, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Free The Lagich, EnderShnovia, Ellsonian Dominion, Freedom Fascists, Endertopias, Goodnamesarerare, Roissyland, Aeljae, East Malaysia, Someseni, Brotherland, Bachtendekuppen, Todd McCloud, Funkadelia, Roliganistan, Abtracnt, The United Neo American Union, Elejamie, The United Asian Republics, Lyontisia, Danesopia, Aelitia, Kangarawa, Just Vale 2, and 38 others.Plazland, Republic of Berzerkistan, Socialist Holy American Empire, Libertanny, Enlil, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, Marrico, United China Nation, Escade, Stanisiti, Marrabuk, Grossvietnam, Lerasi, Karatol-Advenra, Osterreich und Ungarn, Stellar Colonies, Avalon Ascendancy, Uspria, The city state of solitude, New Liberitad, Western Pakistan, Liberstankonia, The Southern Isles of Dreyse, Norjis, The Theocracy of Cthulhu, Staynes, Sericena, Magosconity, Mer Dieu, Mossy-Oak, Sansangra, Feuraxia, Drunken Seal Islands, La xinga, Commodore Badger, Bytes, and Encurage.