The Monarchical Republic of Christos
“United by Strength, Peace and Country”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: International Democratic Union
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Monarchical Republic of Christos is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Aldritch Killian with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.475 billion Christosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Administration are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Auroria. The average income tax rate is 80.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Christosian economy, worth 584 trillion Dollarmarks a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 90,339 Dollarmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government has legalised small-scale capitalism, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, and ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Christos's national animal is the Emperor Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Christos published "Christos Currency" (Account: Other).
- : Christos published "Christos Holidays" (Account: Culture).
- : Christos changed its national capital to "Auroria".
- : Following new legislation in Christos, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
- : Following new legislation in Christos, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome.
- : Following new legislation in Christos, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters.
- : Following new legislation in Christos, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism.
- : Following new legislation in Christos, nothing gets the party jumping like President Aldritch Killian specifying how high.
- : Christos published "Landmarks and Places in Christos" (Account: Culture).
- : Christos changed its national capital to "Crownland".