The Most Serene Republic of Choman
“Freedom from Strife”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Most Serene Republic of Choman is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 610 million Chomanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of District of East Dunkton. The average income tax rate is 50.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Chomanian economy, worth 59.5 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is 97,481 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, builders across Choman are blocked up with orders for new public loos, lifelong celibates are surprised to receive government-issue condoms in the post, and citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Choman's national animal is the Giant Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Choman, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, lifelong celibates are surprised to receive government-issue condoms in the post.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, builders across Choman are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Choman was endorsed by The Dominion of Drystar.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, the environment is gorgeous so long as you're looking up.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, battlefield gains are quickly lost when enemies don't respect a time-out.
- : Choman was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Osheiga.
Endorsements Received: 97 » Blondiesland, Purple Hyacinth, Eskvenn, Holota, Marinho Islands, Jehenna, WI SD EA D, Qvait, Corgitopiaa, Tepertopia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Nowa Europa, Beepee, New Itomorii, Treir, Concrete Slab, Wehraboos, Scu Greinne, Aumeltopia, PenguinPies, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, Aidenfieeld, Holy Free, Amerion, Belschaft, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, The Two Jerseys, Blaash, USNE2018, Darakin, Erinor, Ralphburg, Westenhald, Tsvetania, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Tsunamy, Kiasu-ism, Si-topia, Bear Connors Paradiso, Pamela And Hepatitis, The Solar System Scope, Linden Oak, The naked people, West Pastafaria, Crystal Creation, and 47 others.Ceutalia, Freedoom, Laamiva, Tughampton, Ipugao, Avalonica, Yavemaya, Sedunn, Lyland, Gonrati, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Skaladoria, LadyRebels, Mauricean Islands, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The United Australian States, Sodor and Mann, Ebonhand, Doge Land, Sandaoguo, No youu, Kaoia, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Noimosini, JavaSiege, Kaleidescooptopia, FreeFishers, Rhetiaa, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Agletgreenia, Eastern Mekong, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Solanosco, Danily, Esfalsa, Vicken, Nyxonia, New Sanet, The Kies, Bizzie, The American Anarchist Empire, Anatasha, Northern Estrian Islands, Osheiga, and Drystar.