The Most Serene Republic of Choman
“Freedom from Strife”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Most Serene Republic of Choman is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 198 million Chomanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 34.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Chomanian economy, worth 16.7 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 84,134 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Notable individuals are granted land and titles, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?", corporate lobbying has been outlawed, and politicians always seem reluctant to publish their tax returns. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Choman's national animal is the Giant Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Choman, politicians always seem reluctant to publish their tax returns.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, corporate lobbying has been outlawed.
- : Choman was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Choman, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?".
- : Following new legislation in Choman, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation.
- : Following new legislation in Choman, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Blondiesland, Bichedder, Purple Hyacinth, Eskvenn, Holota, Marinho Islands, Jehenna, WI SD EA D, Qvait, Corgitopiaa, Tepertopia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Nowa Europa, Beepee, New Itomorii, Treir, Concrete Slab, Wehraboos, Scu Greinne, Aumeltopia, PenguinPies, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, Aidenfieeld, Conexia, Holy Free, Amerion, Belschaft, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, The Two Jerseys, Blaash, Steampunk Engineers, USNE2018, Darakin, Erinor, Ralphburg, Westenhald, Tsvetania, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Tsunamy, Kiasu-ism, Si-topia, The Plebeian States, Bear Connors Paradiso, Pamela And Hepatitis, The Solar System Scope, and 27 others.Linden Oak, The naked people, West Pastafaria, New Belgrade, Crystal Creation, Ceutalia, Freedoom, Laamiva, Tughampton, Ipugao, Avalonica, Yavemaya, Sedunn, Lyland, Gonrati, Volaworand, Japanese Federal Republic, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Skaladoria, LadyRebels, Mauricean Islands, Human Centered Capitalism, James-Longstreet, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The United Australian States, Sodor and Mann, and Ebonhand.