The Confederation of Chekrand
“Conflat in via.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: The Union of Democratic States
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Confederation of Chekrand is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Adrianos Kalogeros with a fair hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, national health service, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.9 billion Chekrans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Syrta. The average income tax rate is 76.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Chekran economy, worth 447 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 114,686 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is hoping that medical aid will speak louder than human rights abuses, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank, and rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million dollars of property damage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chekrand's national animal is the golden eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chekrand was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Kingdom of Sacento.
- : Chekrand's influence in The Union of Democratic States rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Chekrand, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million dollars of property damage.
- : Chekrand revoked its national faith.
- : Following new legislation in Chekrand, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank.
- : Chekrand voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Chekrand was endorsed by The Liberal Socialist Democracy of Kantobliv.
- : Chekrand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Chekrand, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Following new legislation in Chekrand, the government is hoping that medical aid will speak louder than human rights abuses.