The Parliamentary Republic of Chasia
“Veritas. Aequitas. Libertas.”
Location: The Western Isles
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Parliamentary Republic of Chasia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Calvin Bishop with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 14.143 billion Chasians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seneca. The average income tax rate is 8.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Chasian economy, worth a remarkable 5,629 trillion kronols a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 398,008 kronols, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Sermons are regularly interrupted by businessmen taking phone calls, escalators are avoided at all costs, Max Barry is this year's Miss Chasia, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown. Chasia's national animal is the golden masked owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chasia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Following new legislation in Chasia, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in Chasia, Max Barry is this year's Miss Chasia.
- : Chasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
- : Following new legislation in Chasia, escalators are avoided at all costs.
- : Chasia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Chasia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Chasia, sermons are regularly interrupted by businessmen taking phone calls.
- : Following new legislation in Chasia, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Seneca Times is sold out.
- : Chasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.