The Parliamentary Republic of Chasia
“Veritas. Aequitas. Libertas.”
Location: The Western Isles
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Parliamentary Republic of Chasia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Calvin Bishop with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 14.568 billion Chasians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seneca. The average income tax rate is 8.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Chasian economy, worth a remarkable 5,830 trillion kronols a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 400,244 kronols, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and the nation leads The Western Isles in per capita stalking. Crime is totally unknown. Chasia's national animal is the golden masked owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chasia endorsed The Holy Empire of Secular Bishops.
- : Following new legislation in Chasia, the nation leads The Western Isles in per capita stalking.
- : Following new legislation in Chasia, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Chasia, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Chasia's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Following new legislation in Chasia, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Following new legislation in Chasia, the new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies.
- : Following new legislation in Chasia, indigenous tribal elders can be recognised by their designer watches and expensive suits.
- : Chasia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Chasia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
Endorsements Received: 38 » Vancouvia, Verdon, Townside, Noronica, Ostehaar, Miklania, Murab, Athara Magarat, San Montagna, Linaviar, Corindia, Aruia, Nhoor, Frencin, Craiglang, Keomora, Flatwood, Biaten, Serpens Land, Eurania, Terra Nordica, Lesva, The United Partitions, Reathwood, Hyukai, Razzgriz, North Horsia, Dothrakia, Denethoria, Essena, Nadiharu, Kuvo, Segentova, Osemira, Recherche, Serpoje, Kristinehamn, and Ukrusia.