The Catocracy of Catiania
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Catocracy of Catiania is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Katrina with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, ban on automobiles, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.545 billion Cats are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katton. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Cat economy, worth a remarkable 2,103 trillion mice a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 182,189 mice, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Katrina's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, anybody who is high on pot can't sit on a city council (Catiania has found 5 easter eggs), and drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Catiania's national animal is the Cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Felinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Catiania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Catiania changed its national animal to "Cow".
- : Catiania changed its national currency to "mouse", its faith to "Felinism", and its motto to "meow".
- : Following new legislation in Catiania, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.
- : Following new legislation in Catiania, anybody who is high on pot can't sit on a city council (Catiania has found 5 easter eggs).
- : Following new legislation in Catiania, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Following new legislation in Catiania, Katrina's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site.
- : Catiania was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Catiania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Catiania endorsed The Libertanny-Endorsing Vizier of Tretrid.