The Seminomadic Republic of Cat-Herders United
“Easy as herding cats!”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Seminomadic Republic of Cat-Herders United is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Catniss Mesteņero with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, free-roaming dinosaurs, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 4.122 billion Cat-herders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of El Pueblo Unido. The average income tax rate is 46.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Cat-Herders Unitedian economy, worth 629 trillion Feline Florins a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 152,701 Feline Florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies, ticket touts are blamed for the downfall of communism, interest in globalism never flags, and '.lib' or '.con' domains indicate whether Cat-Herders Unitedian websites are meant for liberals or conservatives. Crime is totally unknown. Cat-Herders United's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Feline Catolicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cat-Herders United, '.lib' or '.con' domains indicate whether Cat-Herders Unitedian websites are meant for liberals or conservatives.
- : Cat-Herders United was endorsed by The Dogtatorship of Hoochlandia.
- : Cat-Herders United was endorsed by The Allied States of Julunaphra.
- : Cat-Herders United voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Cat-Herders United was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Cat-Herders United, interest in globalism never flags.
- : Following new legislation in Cat-Herders United, ticket touts are blamed for the downfall of communism.
- : Cat-Herders United endorsed The Allied States of Julunaphra.
- : Following new legislation in Cat-Herders United, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Cat-Herders United lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Ransium, Canaltia, Ruinenlust, Turbeaux, Love and Nature, Wantevolo, Feladria, Candlewhisper Archive, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Verdant Haven, Ownzone, The Void Territories, Eryndlynd, Frieden-und Freudenland, Forgotten Beauty, Taco Respublic, Vanenia, Chilledsville, Caterasia, Kawastyselir, The Black Forrest, Ziotah and Riverside, Ironic Remarks, Dwardossa, Entitize, Reannia, Novian Republics, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Edible Plywood, Bananaistan, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Artemis, Bregaria, Greyveldt, Octopus Islands, Crowacia, Eaven, Tur Ada, Blon Gre, Cheloboria, Ashrah, Bilsa, Appendia, Lura, Effazio, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Middle Barael, and 21 others.Atsvea, Roless, Pythaga, Girelna, Tscharva, BEKM, Norginlajicratefe, Talgarth, Jutsa, New Ladavia, Terrabod, Manniskoslaktet, South Wal Saland, New Kvenland, East Stederland, Simmer, La Merced, Cikya, Alcantaria, Julunaphra, and Hoochlandia.