The Retropunk Eperopolis of Castelia
“There is nothing beyond our grasp.”
|Category: Benevolent Dictatorship|
Location: Azure Watester Federation
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Retropunk Eperopolis of Castelia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Adalbert Corvinius with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, cheerful population of 6.409 billion Castelians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Castelia City. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Castelian economy, worth a remarkable 1,915 trillion Mordon®s a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Information Technology, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 298,922 Mordon®s, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,204,693 per year while the poor average 49,572, a ratio of 24.3 to 1.
A signed affidavit from a prominent anti-corruption advocate declares that he is in fact a crook after all, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables, airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path, and the military is plagued with unethical researchers. Crime is totally unknown. Castelia's national animal is the Robo-Animal Line of Products®, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The High Church of Castelia.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Castelia endorsed The Free Land of Liberimarcat.
- : Castelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Castelia was endorsed by The Free Land of Liberimarcat.
- : Castelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Castelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Castelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Castelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Castelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Castelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Castelia endorsed The Imperium of Winter Gulley.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Kafair, Jamstown, Ukraniumstan, American Pere Housh, Goodawesomeness, The great Beaver, New Imperial Britannia, Best Rwanda, Rusliv, Kynor, The Ruby Ranch Republic, The Order of the Holy Inquisitors, Karelignia, New Tussia, Vlamms Statt, Winter Gulley, and Liberimarcat.