The Republic of Carteo
“Nature, Workers, Liberty”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: Mariner Trench
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Carteo is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 161 million Carteoans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 9.3%.
The strong Carteoan economy, worth 9.31 trillion carths a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Cheese Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is 57,854 carths, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway and TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas. Crime is relatively low. Carteo's national animal is the cobra.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Carteo's influence in Mariner Trench rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Carteo's influence in Mariner Trench rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Carteo's influence in Mariner Trench rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Carteo's influence in Mariner Trench rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Carteo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and Largest Basket Weaving Sector and the Top 10% for Most Primitive.
- : Carteo changed its national nation type to "Republic".
- : Carteo relocated from The Leftist Assembly to Mariner Trench.
- : Carteo's influence in The Leftist Assembly rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Carteo published "Equality Marriage" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Carteo relocated from 10000 Islands to The Leftist Assembly.