The Protectorate of Card Gardens
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: Card Gardens
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Protectorate of Card Gardens is a massive, orderly nation, notable for its zero percent divorce rate, otherworldly petting zoo, and avowedly heterosexual populace. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.978 billion Gardeners are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 23.3%.
The powerhouse Gardener economy, worth 156 trillion Cards a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 79,154 Cards, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Leader's new office has a propensity to catch on fire, many Gardeners struggle to find outlets for their pent-up competitive juices, the price of freedom is about half a million Cards, and people wouldn't be seen dead without their guns. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Card Gardens's national animal is the Card, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Card Gardens published "The Gardener's Gazette, edition 8" (Meta: Reference).
- : Card Gardens published "The Gardener's Gazette, edition 7" (Meta: Reference).
- : Card Gardens published "The Gardener's Gazette, edition 6" (Meta: Reference).
- : Card Gardens's influence in Card Gardens rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Card Gardens relocated from Lazarus to Card Gardens.
- : Card Gardens altered its national flag.
- : Card Gardens changed its national demonym to "Gardener" and its demonym adjective to "Gardener".
- : Card Gardens's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Card Gardens published "The Gardener's Gazette, edition 5" (Meta: Reference).
- : Card Gardens was refounded in Lazarus.