The Meh of Capital North
“I don't know anymore”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Meh of Capital North is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President H U Mann with a fair hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, unlimited-speed roads, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 4.482 billion Capital Northians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of North Capital. The average income tax rate is 86.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Capital Northian economy, worth 556 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 124,186 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Poaching has been on the rise after animals from the nation's zoos were released into the wild, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts, autopsies often involve only cursory examination, and government-funded marriage counseling is showing very limited success. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Capital North's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Capital North's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Capital North's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Capital North's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Capital North's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Capital North relocated from Lazarus to Artificial Solar System.
- : Capital North applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Capital North was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Capital North ceased to exist in Artificial Solar System.
- : Capital North was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Capital North was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.