The Green Paradise of Canwyr Cymraig
“Cerddoriaeth yn fywyd”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Green Paradise of Canwyr Cymraig is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Chief Bard Dafydd Dai Dafydd with a fair hand, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.421 billion Canwyr Cymraigians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Goleudy Rhyddid. The average income tax rate is 77.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Canwyr Cymraigian economy, worth 285 trillion quavers a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 83,441 quavers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied dragon, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons, and nobody knows why the caged dragon sings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Canwyr Cymraig's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Science.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Canwyr Cymraig, nobody knows why the caged dragon sings.
- : Following new legislation in Canwyr Cymraig, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons.
- : Following new legislation in Canwyr Cymraig, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Canwyr Cymraig voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Canwyr Cymraig, scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied dragon.
- : Following new legislation in Canwyr Cymraig, people invite random old men into their homes to play with their kids.
- : Following new legislation in Canwyr Cymraig, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
- : Canwyr Cymraig was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Canwyr Cymraig, in a baffling press conference Chief Bard Dafydd Dai Dafydd proudly dismantled a broken door.
- : Canwyr Cymraig was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
Endorsements Received: 56 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Am Echad, H-Zhena, Roissyland, ReeK, Republic of Monarchists, Bullpups, Ridann, Riveraland, Brotherland, Mastariere, Ver Norge, Someseni, Dark Edgyness, The Happian Union, Republic of Berzerkistan, Hizuru, Thyaclinia, Wiranath, The Angel of Charity, Neruch, VW53Aland, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, Axdel, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, CheeseBurrito, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Plazland, Cyant, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Marrico, Escade, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Headpat Central, Staynes, Stanisiti, Commodore Badger, Avakael, Cymru Broadcasters, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Eagas, and 6 others.BorPup, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Eastie, Ramaeus, and Marrabuk.