The Republic of Camante
“In Humanity We Trust”
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Camante is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Blumfeld with an even hand, and remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, smutty television, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 4.883 billion Camantians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Raza. The average income tax rate is 6.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Camantean economy, worth a remarkable 1,190 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 243,888 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Dealers go from pushing drugs to pushing up daisies, the government's suicide hotline now redirects callers to local tax lawyers, the government denies that it has an agency overseeing plausible deniability of black-ops agencies, and the doctor has cold hands. Crime is totally unknown. Camante's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Cult of the Everlasting Republic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Camante was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Camante was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, the doctor has cold hands.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, the government denies that it has an agency overseeing plausible deniability of black-ops agencies.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, the government's suicide hotline now redirects callers to local tax lawyers.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, dealers go from pushing drugs to pushing up daisies.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, giant no-kill traps baited with Bapst Red Ribbon and vintage bicycles have been popping up in back alleys nationwide.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, dessert dishes make up the Camantean breakfast menu.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, a long-distance hike gets students geared up for a long day at school.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, city rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of high velocity delivery drones.
Endorsements Received: 107 » Tsunamy, Erinor, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Two Jerseys, Jehenna, The Solar System Scope, Beepee, Curlyhoward, Aidenfieeld, Nova Montron, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, FreeFishers, Moreana, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, Kringalia, Tsvetania, USNE2018, Techganet, Isokenzar, Cuuldere, Aumeltopia, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Auphelia, Sedunn, Qvait, Xandev, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Drugged Monkeys, The Filippinas, Amerion, PenguinPies, Dasko, Aurcania, New Briantown, Mapico, Direwolf1, Bear Connors Paradiso, Bleakfoot, Terran Draconia, Ebonhand, West Pastafaria, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Anserisa, InnWorm, Page 53, Baltenlands, and 57 others.Marinho Islands, Shefino, Springhollow, Compli, Laamiva, Corgitopiaa, Midand, Concrete Slab, Belschaft, House Ahsanul, Tepertopia, Phanama, Merevane, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Alfama, Zataras, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Vulprecio, Nowa Europa, Rabbitz, Royaltica, Apartment 11F, Yellunstryer, Bawkie, Rotenaplistan, Eskvenn, Drystar, Euro Pacifica, The Imperial Frost Federation, Manuck, Holota, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wallechi, Truskawkoland, Scu Greinne, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, Doge Land, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, Gonrati, New Belgrade, The United Australian States, Freavia, Ipugao, and The Langburn Islands.