The Pacific States of Californian Redwood
“Use Your Illusions”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Pacific States of Californian Redwood is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-working, democratic population of 4.474 billion Californians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rose. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Californian economy, worth 832 trillion Rose Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 186,129 Rose Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 9.3 times as much as the poorest.
Leader has been known to make speeches in fishing waders, school football matches are usually five-a-side, students consistently complain that the wi-fi ate their homework, and rumor has it that Leader has won three lotteries in a row. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Californian Redwood's national animal is the California Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Californian Redwood was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Californian Redwood was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 5% for Most Scientifically Advanced, Best Weather, Most Valuable International Artwork, and Largest Retail Industry.
- : Californian Redwood's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Californian Redwood relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Californian Redwood was refounded in Balder.
- : Californian Redwood ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Californian Redwood was endorsed by The Free Land of Runeda.
- : Californian Redwood was endorsed by The Federation of Napnomadia.
- : Californian Redwood was endorsed by The Theo-Democratic Monarchy of Geektopia.
- : Californian Redwood was endorsed by The Federation of Frahnkzaden.