The United Kingdom of Brettenia
“For King and Country”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Kingdom of Brettenia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Joseph Burke with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, free-roaming dinosaurs, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 4.815 billion Brits are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of High Charity. The average income tax rate is 91.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Brettenian economy, worth 864 trillion Royals a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 179,578 Royals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions, basic multiplication is all you need to know to have a child, there's an aura of pseudoscience around academia, and customs turn away those considered to have an unfavourable ethnicity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brettenia's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brettenia was endorsed by The We Like Gay Representation of East Akra.
- : Brettenia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Cam Zazi.
- : Brettenia was endorsed by The Caspian Commonwealth of Dabarastan.
- : Brettenia was endorsed by The Economic Commonwealth of Anungu.
- : Following new legislation in Brettenia, customs turn away those considered to have an unfavourable ethnicity.
- : Following new legislation in Brettenia, there's an aura of pseudoscience around academia.
- : Following new legislation in Brettenia, basic multiplication is all you need to know to have a child.
- : Following new legislation in Brettenia, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions.
- : Following new legislation in Brettenia, people are more interested in gossip about the private lives of politicians than their policies.
- : Brettenia endorsed The Commonwealth of Palgo.
Endorsements Received: 111 » Ethnon, Sattelbach, Shibutani, Venicea, Hamerica, Selfgradatude, Zzozona, Aerilia, Steampunk Ariel, El Fiji Grande, Guer Aike, Tringapore, Koda-Land, Corfad, Orado, Bankowiata, The Rhein States, Sopernia, Siwale, Hardscrabble, Lulubellia, Former English Colony, New Lakemba, Svenskskit, Xagill, Francois Isidore, Kranostav, Yaorozu, Ellbonnia, Bharathvarsh, Yokciq Empire, Seanat, Republica Guilleana, Notyoutopia, The Mazur Empire, Climeria, Loutsland, Great Bights Mum, Wilkshire, Dangine, Territorio di Nessuno, Interdimensional Zone, Illusia and Neverendia, Cretox State, Omnistria, Bearical, The Endless Eventide, Dreadton, Planes, Empy, and 61 others.Libvillia, Rising Sakura, Kragsgale, Nova Arcania, Aryan Homeland, Drueste, Ariele, Xentherida, Kastonvia, Fizban, ForestMythal, The Tampa Bay Rays, Yellops, Unshleepd, Sikol, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Muqatil, Dar es Saalam, Aeolist, Jaxikistan, Frances Francis the First of France, McMasterdonia, Tsandonown, Card Kingdom, Pasargad, Gondwanaia, Que Lukustinardon, Mon Island, Figyjharli, The Pantheons, Pallaith, Sunto, Outer Shenendoah, Sahriastan, Simone Republic, The Calabash Protectorate, Valentine Z, Capablanca, Blyskalia, His Enduring Majesty, Lionia, Eternal Dominion, Sil Dorsett, Wineclaw, North Bratislava, ROM, Vesteysia, Nimarya, Chips and Guac, New Celoveniortan, Pazair, Tyirza, Praeceps, Zapiron, Godwanna, Votak Matim, Palgo, Anungu, Dabarastan, Cam Zazi, and East Akra.