The Federal Republic of Breosia
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: 10000 Islands
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Federal Republic of Breosia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Richard Walters with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.268 billion Breosians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Anokren. The average income tax rate is 69.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Breosian economy, worth 156 trillion Breos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 123,065 Breos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, Tom and Jerry cartoons have cat and mouse resolving their problems with reasoned discussion, viewers get headaches from trying to read the screen full of small print warnings that precede most TV shows, and kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Breosia's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Breosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Breosia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Following new legislation in Breosia, kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents.
- : Following new legislation in Breosia, viewers get headaches from trying to read the screen full of small print warnings that precede most TV shows.
- : Following new legislation in Breosia, Tom and Jerry cartoons have cat and mouse resolving their problems with reasoned discussion.
- : Following new legislation in Breosia, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Following new legislation in Breosia, Richard Walters's new door-knocking campaign has the sweet taste of success.
- : Breosia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Breosia, commemoration of the Great 10000 Islands War costs almost as much as the war itself.
- : Following new legislation in Breosia, tours to see the 'wild men of the mountains' are popular with tourists from the big cities.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Grimmywelsh, Free Land of Rebellium, Xanthorrhoea, Treeford, Solsevara, Krystalveil, The Galactic American Imperium, Iontan, Anollasia, Macrasetia, Dustwind, Vivolkha, Samonaemia, Holma, Colonel Terrosit, Palman, Evertopia, Grungerock, Maconshinbernititte, Zeganas, The Democratic State Of Josora, Hashari Darussalam, The Republic of Osea, Zachais, Nea Komnenia, Katitania, Kaltovar, Keswickholt, Namakan, Nuremburgia, Chip Skylark, Tausend Seen, Reformed Imperis, Kaprein, Kyrizstanislav, Ilfarasia, DetroitSmash, Medetas, The Unidet Of Life, Mastodonia, Creeptopia, Liberdon, Houbur, Greater Theowherveld, Markanite, Selu-Ahare, Jaegerpondonia, Caribbia, Yarkutsk, Arnefol, and 8 others.Nova Berlim, Dolorado, Lisokyo, Vayshnoriya Islands, Rotzka, Clialaad, United Kolance, and Selinoz.