The Team of Bortalandet
“Det spelar ingen roll”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Team of Bortalandet is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Nelg Nillyg with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, soft-spoken computers, and digital currency. The compassionate population of 2.057 billion Bortas have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Law & Order, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Orbero. The average income tax rate is 59.5%.
The powerhouse Borta economy, worth 198 trillion Flingas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is 96,520 Flingas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
The roads are notorious throughout the region for their peril, fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home, Bortas have recently stopped mysteriously setting off metal detectors, and the nation is proudly the least fertile in The East Pacific. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bortalandet's national animal is the Polar Hedgehog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bortalandet lodged a message on the The East Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, the nation is proudly the least fertile in The East Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, Bortas have recently stopped mysteriously setting off metal detectors.
- : Bortalandet endorsed The Empire of Celannica.
- : Bortalandet was endorsed by The Empire of Celannica.
- : Bortalandet endorsed The Write Pretty Speech of Todd McCloud.
- : Bortalandet endorsed The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Bortalandet voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home.
- : Following new legislation in Bortalandet, the roads are notorious throughout the region for their peril.
Endorsements Received: 80 » United China Nation, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Marrico, The Happian Union, Wiranath, Ridann, Brotherland, Republic of Berzerkistan, Axdel, Socialist Holy American Empire, The Sacred Whale, Neruch, Arkantis, Shantan, VW53Aland, Roissyland, Solarfall, Eagas, Pakitsk, Bullpups, Thyaclinia, Hizuru, CopyCato, The Angel of Charity, Osterreich und Ungarn, Shavara, Squid Ruinosa, The Holy Empire of Moronica, The Holy Utopian Republic, BearStackof2015, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, Just Vale 2, Talitoa, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Am Echad, Stellar Colonies, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, CheeseBurrito, Kilkire, Headpat Central, Roliganistan, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Plazland, Arpino, Libertanny, and 30 others.Enlil, Dragons Blood, Sreneck, Escade, Stanisiti, Liberstankonia, Lerasi, Sericena, Magosconity, Staynes, The Death Syndicate, La xinga, Wizardonia, Uspria, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Avakael, Adolanta, Matdor, Zukchiva, RovaMittala, Asendavia, Brethren, BNV, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, Marrabuk, Valdwall, and Celannica.