The Dominion of Borgerhout
“Might Makes Right”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Dominion of Borgerhout is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its smutty television, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 937 million Borgerhoutians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deurne. The average income tax rate is 47.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Borgerhoutian economy, worth 107 trillion Potatoeses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Tourism, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 114,749 Potatoeses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A newly discovered small mammal's name translates into Borgerhoutian as 'your finger, you fool', authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets, the strong are acquitted and the weak are trampled in trial by a beaver, and not showing enough enthusiasm for mutual assured destruction is a court-martial offence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Borgerhout's national animal is the beaver, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Borgerhout was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Borgerhout was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Borgerhout was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Borgerhout was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Borgerhout was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Borgerhout was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Borgerhout was endorsed by The PRARIE FOR CULTURE of MNA 33rd Infantry Regiment.
- : Following new legislation in Borgerhout, not showing enough enthusiasm for mutual assured destruction is a court-martial offence.
- : Following new legislation in Borgerhout, the strong are acquitted and the weak are trampled in trial by a beaver.
- : Following new legislation in Borgerhout, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Volaworand, Qvait, Wallechi, Amerion, Marinho Islands, Andinla, Corgitopiaa, Belschaft, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Tepertopia, Bawkie, Nowa Europa, Armonitopia, Auphelia, Bleakfoot, WI SD EA D, Treir, New Briantown, Bartonia Nova, Wehraboos, Purple Hyacinth, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, PenguinPies, Aumeltopia, Holota, Qawe, Kandorith, The Altan, Erinor, Rebel-topia, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Zataras, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, Holy Free, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, The Stickmin Empire, New Belgrade, and 4 others.Gonrati, The United Australian States, Ipugao, and The Langburn Islands.