The People's Socialist Republic of Bolshikstan
“Die free, live in slavery.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Nipper
The People's Socialist Republic of Bolshikstan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Constantine Rizzo with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, anti-smoking policies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The democratic, cheerful population of 14.391 billion Bolshikstanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Defense, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. The average income tax rate is 92.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Bolshikstanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,039 trillion bolishtars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 72,230 bolishtars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly, family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries, and Formula One cars in Bolshikstan boast 56 miles per gallon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bolshikstan's national animal is the killer koala bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bolshikstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Bolshikstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Bolshikstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Largest Governments.
- : Bolshikstan's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Bolshikstan's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Bolshikstan's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Bolshikstan's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bolshikstan altered its national flag.
- : Bolshikstan was refounded in Balder.
- : Bolshikstan ceased to exist in The East Pacific.