The Pirate Empire of Bollesveis
“Ahoy, Me Hearties!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Power
The Pirate Empire of Bollesveis is a huge, orderly nation, ruled by Anne O'Malley with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 989 million Bolerians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bois. The average income tax rate is 77.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Bollesveisian economy, worth 69.2 trillion kunas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 69,945 kunas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, the study of medicine is popular throughout Bollesveis, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods, and mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bollesveis's national animal is the pirata kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bollesveis approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "On Abortion"".
- : Following new legislation in Bollesveis, mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past.
- : Bollesveis agreed to construct embassies between Salatia and The Embassy.
- : Bollesveis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and the Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens and Nicest Citizens.
- : Bollesveis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Bollesveis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in Bollesveis, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods.
- : Following new legislation in Bollesveis, the study of medicine is popular throughout Bollesveis.
- : Following new legislation in Bollesveis, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Bollesveis, Anne O'Malley spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders.