The Colony of Blue Nagia
“[Untranslateable dragon noises.]”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
The Colony of Blue Nagia is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its parental licensing program, rampant corporate plagiarism, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 682 million Nagians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ajagar. The average income tax rate is 91.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Nagian economy, worth 49.8 trillion Lorxian favors a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 73,038 Lorxian favors, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Woefully uninformed voters cast their ballots at random, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, sharks are enjoying their deliveries of canned food, and a sledgehammer and a spray can are seen as the default tools of political debate. Crime is totally unknown. Blue Nagia's national animal is the archaeotuthis, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Blue Nagia, a sledgehammer and a spray can are seen as the default tools of political debate.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Nagia, sharks are enjoying their deliveries of canned food.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Nagia, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Nagia, woefully uninformed voters cast their ballots at random.
- : Blue Nagia was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Blue Nagia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Nagia, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Nagia, foreign despots proudly bandstand on Nagian airwaves.
- : Following new legislation in Blue Nagia, public parks are littered with cigarette butts.
- : Blue Nagia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
Endorsements Received: 45 » East Stederland, Deontologia, Feladria, Ruinenlust, Anachronolandia, Terrabod, Ownzone, Atsvea, Lura, Pen Blanityion, Effazio, The Most Serene Republicans, Love and Nature, Bananaistan, Ashrah, Kawastyselir, Garbelia, Verdant Haven, Window Land, The Void Territories, Blon Gre, Turbeaux, Candlewhisper Archive, Ziotah and Riverside, Novian Republics, Taco Respublic, Uniania Geeth, Cat-Herders United, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Middle Barael, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Hyon Delta, Forgotten Beauty, Bregaria, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Daarwyrth, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Simbolon, Ordealius, Jutsa, Hoochlandia, East Skirsburg, The World Wildlife Fund, and Uan aa Boa.