The Anarchy of Blogotopia
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: 10000 Islands
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Anarchy of Blogotopia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Ding Dong Daddy with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, soft-spoken computers, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, cheerful population of 35.346 billion Blogotopians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blogotopia City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Blogotopian economy, worth an astonishing 10,358 trillion doobies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, highly specialized black market in Book Publishing, Tourism, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an amazing 293,054 doobies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers, sports fans complain that cricket tests now last an unbearable ten days, and psychiatrists that date patients are congratulated on their romantic conquests. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Blogotopia's national animal is the hepcat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, psychiatrists that date patients are congratulated on their romantic conquests.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, sports fans complain that cricket tests now last an unbearable ten days.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, advanced mathematics books explain how two plus two equals five.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, traumatised refugees have a full bedpan shoved into their hands along with their immigration papers.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, on-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, children who can't memorize their multiplication tables are sent to the mines.
Endorsements Received: 140 » Creeptopia, Zyrcrestia, Grungerock, Coreras, Tzo, Kyrizstanislav, Spncrgmn, Seantonia, Perzische Keizer, Zeganas, Better Indonesia, North Southumberland, Anollasia, The Soylent Green Party, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Tycorn, Lacuna, Karlando, The Parandeam, Stroulia, Chip Skylark, Old Atlantica, Slaytania, Colonel Terrosit, Dustwind, Killettland, Hellei, Northern African Sahara, Ironica Butterfly, Maalemzya, Leirkra, Wysrod, Inberdia, Dovant, Uprus, Ignis Cinere, Zopciria, A R V E R N A, Free Land of Rebellium, Northern Nivaria, Vivolkha, Marroc, Ferte, Libertaritaritaritaria, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Ghiamonga, Evertopia, Yakkandiania, Piscina, and 90 others.Valentian Elysium, Ascended Union, Airday, Zachais, Solarampa, Johnne Green, Republic of Libriano, City of Saint Nicolas, Terra Royaume, Caldorado, The Republic of Osea, Ytvigshill, Medetas, Galoamar, Namakan, Eppur, Drewish, Great Ranges, Kachikawawa, Calrad, Ali Faridi, Solsevara, Liberdon, Novegia, Islands of Czechia, Galimania, Marxist Germany, Seranis, Makykay, Lundara, Nea Komnenia, Zeklandia, Ner Epiand, Mauryana, The unidet Of life, United States of Island land, Testa, Membatak, Pianaville, Ilfarasia, Clialaad, Rhie, Megistos, Kalldunn, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Slaughter Machine, Pallas Athenaie, Mat She, Conservative Republic Of Huang, Onfande, The Galactic American Imperium, Skamor, Katitania, Holma, The Fortem, S Mova Derat, Greater Puptioneberadon, Point Comfort Colony, New Kowloon Bay, Ilvanya, Krystalveil, Lisokyo, Carthegia, Selu-Ahare, Horacellum, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Saint Islaw Wra, Tausend Seen, Renetopia, Zubrowlitz, Tierra de Platanos, Silvedania, Wischland, The Indian Royalty, Artyolae, Samonaemia, The Cheese Puff Islands, Nibi Naabe, Tapperhed, Capea, Richmondroads, Oppressthemville, Yellowjacket, Alemputo, Dorab, New Kios, Thingvelir, Grimmywelsh, and Malandrin.