The Kurdish Republic of Billuria
“We must always be a friend of the poor, enemy of snobs.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Kurdish Republic of Billuria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Said Gabari with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, strictly enforced bedtime, and punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 4.712 billion Billurs enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dilovan. The average income tax rate is 73.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Billurian economy, worth 716 trillion Billurian Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 151,999 Billurian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms, corporate lobbying has been outlawed, citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint, and back-alley circumcision clinics are popping up all over the nation. Crime is totally unknown. Billuria's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Billuria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Billuria was endorsed by The Sultanate of Big Boyz.
- : Billuria was endorsed by The Divine Intervention of Valerievna.
- : Billuria's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Billuria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Billuria's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Billuria published "President's Ramadan Message" (Bulletin: Opinion).
- : Billuria was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Billuria applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Billuria altered its national flag.