The Republic of Bike
“Peace and Justice”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Republic of Bike is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its burgeoning lion population. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 457 million Bikeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 27.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Bikean economy, worth 19.6 trillion pesos a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Woodchip Exports, and Trout Farming. Average income is 42,924 pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The news is showing footage of Leader bullying an old man to the point of tears, you can bet your bottom dollar that gambling will cost you an arm and a leg, the lion stadiums are open 24/7, and breast milk lattes are the newest fad among hip urbanites. Crime is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bike's national animal is the lion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bike's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Bike's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Bike resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Bike's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bike relocated from Middle Earth to The Rejected Realms.
- : Bike was ejected and banned from Middle Earth by The United States of Kitezh.
- : Bike's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Bike's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Banditry of Panther dismissed Bike as Jakked up Jakker of South Pacific.
- : Bike ejected and banned I cant be bothered to name this 2 from South Pacific.