The Parhic League Electorate of Bharat
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Parhic League Electorate of Bharat is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by 順勳 with a fair hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of prisons, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, democratic population of 13.568 billion Parhonian enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Welfare, with Education and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rakrang. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.6%.
The thriving Parhic economy, worth 552 trillion Parhic Osus a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 40,713 Parhic Osus, with the richest citizens earning 6.7 times as much as the poorest.
Lending firms are subject to strict government regulations, citizens rise at daybreak every day for mandatory exercise, the "boy who cried wolf" policy makes sick people reluctant to call an ambulance, and election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Bharat's national animal is the Parhic Rhinoceros, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Shinkyo.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bharat's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Bharat's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Bharat's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bharat altered its national flag.
- : Bharat changed its national animal to "Parhic Rhinoceros", its capital to "Rakrang", its currency to "Parhic Osu", its demonym adjective to "Parhic", its demonym plural to "Parhonian", its faith to "Shinkyo", its leader to "順勳", its motto to "光明天地", and its nation type to "Parhic League Electorate".
- : Following new legislation in Bharat, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll.
- : Following new legislation in Bharat, the "boy who cried wolf" policy makes sick people reluctant to call an ambulance.
- : Following new legislation in Bharat, citizens rise at daybreak every day for mandatory exercise.
- : Following new legislation in Bharat, lending firms are subject to strict government regulations.
- : Bharat was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "New York Times Democracy".