The Socialist Republic of Berlin Commune
“The Kids Want Communism”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: The Communist Bloc
Regional Influence: Squire
The Socialist Republic of Berlin Commune is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Chairman K with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.216 billion Workers and Peasants love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berlin. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Berlinian economy, worth 392 trillion Food Stamps a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 122,079 Food Stamps, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Berlin Commune recently hosted the least successful trade negotiations since The Phantom Menace, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent, and 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool. Crime is totally unknown. Berlin Commune's national animal is the Platypus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is State Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Berlin Commune, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool.
- : Following new legislation in Berlin Commune, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent.
- : Berlin Commune endorsed The Socialist Federation of Czecho-Slovakian Union.
- : Berlin Commune was endorsed by The Socialist Federation of Czecho-Slovakian Union.
- : Following new legislation in Berlin Commune, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia.
- : Following new legislation in Berlin Commune, Berlin Commune recently hosted the least successful trade negotiations since The Phantom Menace.
- : Berlin Commune was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Berlin Commune, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'.
- : Berlin Commune endorsed The Union of Exania.
- : Berlin Commune was endorsed by The Union of Exania.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Marxmeans, Shamian, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Kethania, Ganjallia, Vulga, Luftetia, Karelianastan, Bibliophilius, The Reunification of Korea, Socialist Heronia, Picuros, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Phallas, Whatevernext, Lilshire, Rothnia, Debordan, Keltische, Slavic Democratic Nations, Bruzzundunga, Council of America, Seungli, Solova, Feyrisshire, Tranbian, Mallissa, Floreznia, Brauengen, Ouesopa, SFRYugosalvia, Free Eureve, Yeniseisk, Kheltchistan, Soviet State of Covernant, The Aquaria, Pangeaeae, Timofeyland, Anargya, The Bon Fa Islands, Mitroland, Wice, Kraykon, Yakutskaya, Borealian Communes, The Steephills, Socialist Slavic Commune, Afronovia, 104 Partisans, Chalredonia, and 29 others.The Movion, Luwendr, Tianyou, Halsoni, Socialist Balkon, Krestyana, Europa Volksdemokratisch Sozialistisch, Arzekt, Pogging Through The Pain, Ecotoria, Omafana, Heitoria, Flying-Penguins, Carrico, Repolaa, Free Lux Arthur, Techno Socialystiche, Conarland, Passany, 4D Donkeys, Comuny, Almanistan, The Communist regime of Sovietchina, Ma pi kulupu, Pagasa, Larger Green Plants, New Modriudor, Exania, and Czecho-Slovakian Union.