The Most Serene Republic of Belora Gyles
“Love and Peace”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Most Serene Republic of Belora Gyles is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by the Moon-Masked Lady with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, soft-spoken computers, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.517 billion Belora Gylesians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Environment, and Industry are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Isla Zadí. The average income tax rate is 85.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Belora Gylesian economy, worth 201 trillion beloras a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 132,891 beloras, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients, and foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies. Crime is totally unknown. Belora Gyles's national animal is the beluga whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Belora Gyles was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Belora Gyles was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments and Most Efficient Economies.
- : Belora Gyles was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Belora Gyles was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Belora Gyles was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Belora Gyles, foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies.
- : Following new legislation in Belora Gyles, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
- : Following new legislation in Belora Gyles, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Belora Gyles, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Following new legislation in Belora Gyles, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-belora mansions.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Distro-Spartica, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Pakitsk, VW53Aland, Marrabuk, Brotherland, East Malaysia, H-Zhena, Lingu, Generousity, Ripsylvania, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, Headpat Central, The Three States of Fortuna, Grossvietnam, Kriov, The American Free States, Dragons Blood, Goodnamesarerare, Wizardonia, Rohanland, Evrigenis, Rainbow Vests, Kaigi, Slys Paws, Dark Edgyness, Raunch, Mays Austrian Nation, Staynes, Servants of Gizmo, BuciLand, Ridann, Libertanny, A mean old man, Republic of Berzerkistan, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Nevertopia, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Blobbo, Technocratic Tagalog, Stellar Colonies, Ephem, Modra, Oofery, Greater New Cassandra, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Azakhuland, and 4 others.Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Castle Federation, and Flying Snow.