The New Bubastis of Bastetopia
“Freedom, Fraternity & Finances”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The New Bubastis of Bastetopia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Fazzio Spartacus di Roycewicz with an even hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, unlimited-speed roads, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful population of 8.713 billion Catuses are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The large, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Public Transport. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Liberguale. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 75.1%.
The very strong Catus economy, worth a remarkable 1,145 trillion Mumus a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 131,471 Mumus, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 421,508 per year while the poor average 31,105, a ratio of 13.6 to 1.
The police double as repo men, bustling back-alley clinics treat everything from sports injuries to angina, the general public only knows their favorite politician's first name, and court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point. Crime is totally unknown. Bastetopia's national animal is the cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point.
- : Bastetopia was endorsed by The Imperial State of Great Robertia.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, the general public only knows their favorite politician's first name.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, bustling back-alley clinics treat everything from sports injuries to angina.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, the police double as repo men.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, students do more community service than homework.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, police regularly arrest families playing Monopoly.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, large-girthed charity workers assign themselves healthy wages for their work with starving children.
- : Bastetopia was endorsed by The Borderlands of New Petra.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Republic of Satherland, Greate San Marino, Yahlia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, An Clar, Saint Domingo, Troltovia, Bohomo, Outer Sparta, Feria-Alkaline, St Scarlett, Kenmoria WA Mission, Slavonia and Srijem, Thracia Republic, Northern German Federation, Slavorussia, Imperium Anglorum, The New Nordic Union, Thracia and Crimea, Germany Third Reich, Pazano, Irminsulia, Jim the Baptist, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Pilipinas and Malaya, Alsted, Elisabethshagen, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Dark Matter, Supcotia, Permorania, Stromia, Walfo, Leszno, Regnum Italiae, The Wretched of this Earth, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, Enway, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Rijland, Neuchateau, Einswenn, Shagolaa, Elitestland, Kanokla, Continental Social Democrats, Alba-Nord, Riverpost, and 20 others.The Champions League, Prussian-Union, Invernessia, Someseni, Nardin, Destyntine, Transmontagne, Gultravia, Sloburg, Lyallpur, Leranditale, North of Americas, Ausvelt, Abject Ludicrosity, GanymedEuropa, The Seven Provinces, Savinecross, Miechow 2, New Petra, and Great Robertia.