The Republic of Bart-
“Twirling Toward Freedom”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Republic of Bart- is a massive, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service. The quiet, industrious population of 3.147 billion Bart-ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 28.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Bart-ian economy, worth 142 trillion pesos a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 45,415 pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bart-'s national animal is the bison.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bart-'s influence in Telekinesis fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Bart-'s influence in Telekinesis fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Bart-'s influence in Telekinesis rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Bart- relocated from ATOMIC to Telekinesis.
- : Bart-'s influence in ATOMIC fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Bart-'s influence in ATOMIC rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Bart- relocated from 204 to ATOMIC.
- : The One That Keeps Order of Mentera appointed Bart- as Prime Minister with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in 204.
- : Bart-'s influence in 204 fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Bart-'s influence in 204 fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".