The Federal Republic of Bantan
“To the glory of Bantan!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Federal Republic of Bantan is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Fei Long with an even hand, and notable for its fear of technology, strictly enforced bedtime, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, humorless population of 2.511 billion Bantonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mei Fong. The average income tax rate is 66.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Bantanian economy, worth 232 trillion yen a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 92,470 yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
A faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park, citizens are less concerned with policy and more concerned with whether politicians "call 'em like they see 'em", Fei Long is worshipped as a god, and warning signs caution Bantonians where they may fall off 'the edge of the world'. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. Bantan's national animal is the horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Shamanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bantan was endorsed by The Republic of Abarri.
- : Bantan was endorsed by The Resident CRAZY of Rebel-topia.
- : Bantan was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Bantan was endorsed by The Owlish LC of Aidenfieeld.
- : Bantan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Marinho Islands.
- : Bantan's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bantan was endorsed by The Federation of The Tecorogan Federation.
- : Bantan was endorsed by The Valkyrian Republic of Qvait.
- : Bantan was endorsed by The All Inclusive Love and Pride of Jehenna.
- : Bantan was endorsed by The Republic of Kiasu-ism.