The Republic of Bam 8
“Pride and Industry”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Republic of Bam 8 is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its pith helmet sales, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 674 million Bam 8ians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Defense, with Administration, Law & Order, and Spirituality also on the agenda, while International Aid isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 53.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Bam 8ian economy, worth 22.3 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 33,154 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military patrols the streets in search of possible secessionists, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, a bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted, and the nation has gained millions of new citizens overnight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bam 8's national animal is the elephant, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bam 8's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Bam 8's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bam 8 relocated from Spectrocity to The Rejected Realms.
- : Bam 8 was ejected and banned from Spectrocity by The United States of Llesare.
- : Bam 8 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Bam 8 relocated from Suspicious to Spectrocity.
- : Bam 8 was endorsed by The Republic of Reyna 14.
- : Bam 8 was endorsed by The Fiefdom of Cretanja Garrison 50.
- : Bam 8 was endorsed by The Republic of Allegheny 87.
- : Bam 8 lost the endorsement of The Republic of Allegheny 87.