The Republic of Bam 16
“Peace and Justice”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Republic of Bam 16 is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 655 million Bam 16ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 36.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Bam 16ian economy, worth 30.6 trillion kronor a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 46,777 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Television characters who ask how someone's doing are charged with harassment, the saying 'break a leg' is now taken literally, forest fires have dropped dramatically as there are hardly any forests left, and the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Bam 16 City Times is sold out. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bam 16's national animal is the sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bam 16's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Bam 16 relocated from Louisiana Purchase to The Rejected Realms.
- : Bam 16 was ejected and banned from Louisiana Purchase by The Armed Republic of Rnasoen.
- : Bam 16 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Bam 16 relocated from Suspicious to Louisiana Purchase.
- : Bam 16 was endorsed by The Sekhmet Legionnaire of Cretanja Garrison 15.
- : Bam 16 was endorsed by The Republic of Allegheny 95.
- : Bam 16 was endorsed by The Republic of Reyna 3.
- : Bam 16 relocated from Land of Orcs and Dorfs and Elfs to Suspicious.
- : Bam 16 relocated from Suspicious to Land of Orcs and Dorfs and Elfs.