The Federal Republic of Baamland
“Peace and Justice”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Federal Republic of Baamland is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.72 billion Baamlandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Revolucion. The average income tax rate is 83.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Baamlandian economy, worth 115 trillion lies a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 66,893 lies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Online weather reports are predicting five years of glorious sunshine for Baamland, condos feature wall-mounted cages containing endangered animals, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing, and drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Baamland's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Baamland was endorsed by The Holy Republic of East Nagaland.
- : Baamland was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Baamland was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Baamland was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Baamland was endorsed by The PRARIE FOR CULTURE of MNA 33rd Infantry Regiment.
- : Baamland was endorsed by The Republic of New Belgrade.
- : Following new legislation in Baamland, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.
- : Following new legislation in Baamland, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing.
- : Following new legislation in Baamland, condos feature wall-mounted cages containing endangered animals.
- : Baamland was endorsed by The Empire of Carrelie.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Marinho Islands, Erinor, Anserisa, Auphelia, Aumeltopia, The Filippinas, Qvait, Land Without Shrimp, Amerion, PenguinPies, Bleakfoot, Farengeto, Wehraboos, Volaworand, Crystal Creation, Bawkie, Yeldarbsland, Shefino, New Briantown, West Pastafaria, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Myness, Midand, Tsunamy, Concrete Slab, Andinla, Laamiva, Ebonhand, Tepertopia, Kandorith, Holy Free, Merevane, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Zataras, Terran Draconia, Alfama, Sedunn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Nowa Europa, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, Belschaft, Rebel-topia, Rotenaplistan, Aidenfieeld, Beepee, and 26 others.The Imperial Frost Federation, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wallechi, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, WI SD EA D, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, Ceutalia, Carrelie, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, Ipugao, and East Nagaland.