The People's Republic of B1da
“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Minnow
The People's Republic of B1da is a huge, pleasant nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 376 million B1dans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Healthcare, and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid receives no funds. The average income tax rate is 21.9%.
The B1dan economy, worth 16.9 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 44,845 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
The armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, military spending is on the increase, euthanasia is legal, and Harry Potter books are banned. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. B1da's national animal is the squirrel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : B1da's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : B1da's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : B1da relocated from Noblia to Artificial Solar System.
- : B1da applied to join the World Assembly.
- : B1da altered its national flag.
- : B1da's influence in Noblia rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : B1da's influence in Noblia rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : B1da resigned from the World Assembly.
- : B1da's influence in Noblia rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : B1da relocated from The Allied Nations of Egalaria to Noblia.