The Wizarding World of Avonhead
“A little bit magical”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Wizarding World of Avonhead is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Dr Ashley Bloomfield with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, anti-smoking policies, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 16.84 billion Avonwards are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Merrin. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Avewardian economy, worth a remarkable 1,725 trillion Gallions a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 102,458 Gallions, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied Kiwi, the old neighbourhood isn't how most Avonwards remember it, manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition, and citizens ask "how many crooks could a nunchuck hook if a nun had nunchucks too?". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avonhead's national animal is the Kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Avonhead voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Avonhead was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Avonhead, citizens ask "how many crooks could a nunchuck hook if a nun had nunchucks too?".
- : Avonhead was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Avonhead voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Avonhead was endorsed by The Principality of Freavia.
- : Avonhead voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : Avonhead voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- : Following new legislation in Avonhead, manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition.
- : Avonhead was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
Endorsements Received: 115 » Tsunamy, Pamela And Hepatitis, Curlyhoward, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, Belschaft, Kringalia, Farengeto, Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Linguiniland, Darakin, Hanguk-Nippon, Escevola, Volaworand, Sedunn, Techganet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Fighting Kawi Ninja, New Briantown, Aumeltopia, Tsvetania, Beepee, Isokenzar, Abarri, Kandorith, Xandev, Auphelia, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, The Filippinas, Dasko, Amerion, Changolandia, PenguinPies, Nowa Europa, Maeiland, Mapico, Direwolf1, Bear Connors Paradiso, Bleakfoot, Terran Draconia, Ebonhand, West Pastafaria, Anserisa, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, The Plebeian States, The Worst army of, and 65 others.Holy Free, Quh, Baltenlands, Marinho Islands, Shefino, Springhollow, Compli, Corgitopiaa, Laamiva, Midand, Andinla, Concrete Slab, House Ahsanul, Tepertopia, Brunier, Phanama, Merevane, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Royaltica, Alfama, Zataras, Rabbitz, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Euro Pacifica, Apartment 11F, Utondara, Yellunstryer, Doraya, Bawkie, Rotenaplistan, Eskvenn, Drystar, Qvait, The Imperial Frost Federation, Wakandan Tribes, Treir, Synarion, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wallechi, Truskawkoland, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Bohenia, Death to democracy, Levistian, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Heliophilia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, New Qafedemar, Proctethia, Bichedder, Doge Land, Greater Scottdascoda, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, Gonrati, New Belgrade, The United Australian States, Freavia, and Ipugao.