The Empire of Avangarn
“Work is a Privilege”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Empire of Avangarn is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Asteravius with an iron fist, and remarkable for its smutty television, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.131 billion Avangarnians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Citadelia. The average income tax rate is 93.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Avangarnian economy, worth 291 trillion Avangas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 136,607 Avangas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Aeroplane cockpits no longer have altimeters or airspeed indicators, motorists' locations are constantly tracked by intelligence and law enforcement agencies, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, and newly synthesized elements' half-lives are a million times shorter than the time it takes to say their names. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avangarn's national animal is the Elephant, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Worker's Haven.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Avangarn was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Avangarn, newly synthesized elements' half-lives are a million times shorter than the time it takes to say their names.
- : Following new legislation in Avangarn, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
- : Following new legislation in Avangarn, motorists' locations are constantly tracked by intelligence and law enforcement agencies.
- : Following new legislation in Avangarn, aeroplane cockpits no longer have altimeters or airspeed indicators.
- : Following new legislation in Avangarn, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Avangarn was endorsed by The Republic of Ralphburg.
- : Avangarn was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Avangarn endorsed The Please Endorse Me of Beepee.
- : Following new legislation in Avangarn, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Qvait, Erinor, Amerion, Aidenfieeld, Crystal Creation, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Hanguk-Nippon, Wehraboos, Aumeltopia, PenguinPies, The Filippinas, Mapico, West Pastafaria, Farengeto, Kringalia, Anserisa, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Sedunn, Beepee, Ebonhand, Holy Free, Tsunamy, Marinho Islands, Volaworand, Shefino, Compli, The Worst army of, Kandorith, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Laamiva, New Briantown, Myness, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, Tepertopia, Phanama, Merevane, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Alfama, Zataras, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, and 32 others.Nowa Europa, Belschaft, Apartment 11F, Canmore, Doraya, Rebel-topia, Rotenaplistan, Eskvenn, The Imperial Frost Federation, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Holota, Wallechi, WI SD EA D, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, West Bridgeport, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, Ralphburg, and Ipugao.