The Empire of Atain
“Atain Above All!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Empire of Atain is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by The President with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, free-roaming dinosaurs, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 9.838 billion Atainians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eagleton. The average income tax rate is 4.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Atainian economy, worth a remarkable 2,883 trillion Reams a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 293,055 Reams, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Cremation is compulsory for the deceased, daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter, babies are a small but significant export, and old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones. Crime is totally unknown. Atain's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Atain's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Following new legislation in Atain, old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones.
- : Atain was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Atain's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Atain was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Atain, babies are a small but significant export.
- : Following new legislation in Atain, daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter.
- : Atain's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Atain was refounded in Balder.
- : Atain ceased to exist in The North Pacific.