The Republic of Astrocomet
“From Many, One”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Astrocomet is a huge, pleasant nation, renowned for its burgeoning kiwi population. The hard-working population of 708 million Astrocometians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 18.9%.
The Astrocometian economy, worth 32.3 trillion marks a year, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Information Technology, and Gambling. Average income is 45,680 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, the government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Astrocomet's national animal is the kiwi, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Astrocomet applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Astrocomet's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Astrocomet's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Astrocomet's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Astrocomet's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Astrocomet relocated from Revan to Artificial Solar System.
- : Astrocomet resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Astrocomet's influence in Revan rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Astrocomet endorsed The Commonwealth of You Gotta Not.
- : Astrocomet endorsed The Disputed Territories of Deimos2.