The Republic of Astrocomet
“From Many, One”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Astrocomet is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its burgeoning kiwi population. The hard-working population of 3.191 billion Astrocometians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 19.8%.
The Astrocometian economy, worth 146 trillion marks a year, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Information Technology, and Gambling. Average income is 45,859 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, the government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Astrocomet's national animal is the kiwi, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Astrocomet's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Astrocomet applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Astrocomet relocated from Fortis Novum Mundum to Shinka.
- : Astrocomet resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Astrocomet's influence in Fortis Novum Mundum rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Astrocomet endorsed The Kingdom of Hearts as One.
- : Astrocomet relocated from Shinka to Fortis Novum Mundum.
- : Astrocomet's influence in Shinka rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Astrocomet was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Astrocomet seized the position of Shinka WA Delegate from The Republic of Renzan.