The People's Republic of Aryax
“One Nation, One Party, One Goal”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Location: 10000 Islands
Regional Influence: Nipper
The People's Republic of Aryax is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Stanislav Tyrankov with an iron fist, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, cheerful population of 1.737 billion Aryaxians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arkanoviverna. The average income tax rate is 96.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Aryaxian economy, worth 274 trillion units a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 157,849 units, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, political activists are routinely executed, military parades quietly tiptoe their way through the streets, and the nation's green cities are indeed concrete jungles. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aryax's national animal is the orca, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, the nation's green cities are indeed concrete jungles.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, military parades quietly tiptoe their way through the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, tech-mad citizens think that the laser-powered bread-slicer uPhone App is the coolest thing since sliced bread.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, there's a literal nanny state for the legions of children taken by social services.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Aryax was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Aryax, prisoners regularly escape detention posing as scarecrows.