The Dictatorship of Aro the Vampire
“I love a happy ending. They are so rare.”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Dictatorship of Aro the Vampire is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 556 million Coveniteses are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 23.6%.
The strong Aro the Vampirean economy, worth 30.8 trillion golds a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is 55,443 golds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
All major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aro the Vampire's national animal is the bat, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aro the Vampire was endorsed by The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia.
- : Aro the Vampire was endorsed by The Glorious Occultist State of FiTzGEraLdLAnD.
- : Aro the Vampire's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Aro the Vampire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Aro the Vampire was endorsed by The Prettiest Nation in TRR of Miss Hungary.
- : Aro the Vampire's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Aro the Vampire's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Aro the Vampire was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Farrakhan.
- : Aro the Vampire was endorsed by The Communist Easter Egg Kingdom of Fauzjhia.
- : Aro the Vampire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.