The Republic of Aresten
“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Republic of Aresten is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.471 billion Arestenians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 85.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Arestenian economy, worth 148 trillion Lire a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 101,004 Lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Trails to natural wonders are littered with trash from reality film crews, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time, in the Beginning was the Word and the Word was "Pragmatism", and many are asking why the latest naval vessel is named after Saint Bartholomeus the Many Handed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aresten's national animal is the snow leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aresten was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Aresten was endorsed by The Holy Republic of East Nagaland.
- : Aresten was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Aresten was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Aresten endorsed The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Aresten endorsed The Principality of Freavia.
- : Following new legislation in Aresten, many are asking why the latest naval vessel is named after Saint Bartholomeus the Many Handed.
- : Following new legislation in Aresten, in the Beginning was the Word and the Word was "Pragmatism".
- : Following new legislation in Aresten, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time.
- : Aresten was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: 93 » Qvait, New Briantown, Corgitopiaa, Erinor, Amerion, West Pastafaria, Land Without Shrimp, Concrete Slab, Tsunamy, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Bawkie, Jehenna, Aumeltopia, Ridehale, Midand, The Worst army of, Andinla, The Filippinas, Wehraboos, Volaworand, Belschaft, Sandaoguo, Farengeto, Ebonhand, Auphelia, Tepertopia, Kandorith, Phanama, Holy Free, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Merevane, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Brunier, Doraya, Terran Draconia, Zataras, Rebel-topia, Alfama, Tsvetania, Marinho Islands, Sedunn, Nowa Europa, Vanbella, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Los Rodeos, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, WI SD EA D, and 43 others.Yellunstryer, Rotenaplistan, Beepee, The Imperial Frost Federation, Roterdamia, Holota, Treir, Ceutalia, Blondiesland, Synarion, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, Lionstrapower, Truskawkoland, Honey Cake, Qawe, Eskvenn, Kylania, LadyRebels, The Altan, Seythennia, Doge Land, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, NIGHTRAY, West Bridgeport, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Sapientiano, Carrelie, Gonrati, Noimosini, The United Australian States, Populaa, Freavia, The Langburn Islands, Ipugao, and East Nagaland.