The Federation of Arctic Kingdoms
“Ice is the Spice of Life”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Federation of Arctic Kingdoms is a massive, genial nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.895 billion Arctic Kingdomsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of None. The average income tax rate is 72.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Arctic Kingdomsian economy, worth 447 trillion arctic dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 154,566 arctic dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, the government's economic policy can be summed up as "Abort, Retry, Fail?", small patches of desolate land across the world are part of Arctic Kingdomsian sovereign territory, and the army lures cannon fodder with promises of a college education. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Arctic Kingdoms's national animal is the arctic fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arctic Kingdoms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork and Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Arctic Kingdoms was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Arctic Kingdoms's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Arctic Kingdoms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Arctic Kingdoms's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Arctic Kingdoms was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Arctic Kingdoms ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Arctic Kingdoms was endorsed by The Republic of Soca Cobis.
- : Arctic Kingdoms was endorsed by The Republic of Alqaran.
- : Arctic Kingdoms was endorsed by The Crown Republic of Greater Cesnica.