The Departments of Arcanama
“Balance Is Key”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Departments of Arcanama is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by La Bruja with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, national health service, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.848 billion Arcanans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Divinita. The average income tax rate is 87.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Arcanian economy, worth 438 trillion Scales a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 90,477 Scales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Carefully-staged grief is displayed by La Bruja after national disasters, evasive politicians don't fail to strongly commit to not committing to a course of non-inaction, the government is avowedly secular, and artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arcanama's national animal is the Ghost, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Elemenia.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arcanama was endorsed by The Kingdom of Grey Haven of Tauraucania.
- : Arcanama was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Arcanama was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Arcanama was endorsed by The United States of Filipopol.
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings.
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, the government is avowedly secular.
- : Arcanama voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"".
- : Arcanama voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, evasive politicians don't fail to strongly commit to not committing to a course of non-inaction.
- : Following new legislation in Arcanama, carefully-staged grief is displayed by La Bruja after national disasters.
Endorsements Received: 68 » CopyCato, ReeK, H-Zhena, Am Echad, A Slanted Black Stripe, Axdel, Riveraland, Brotherland, Socialist Holy American Empire, Wizardonia, Someseni, Dark Edgyness, Wiranath, Bullpups, Wolemoer, Republic of Berzerkistan, Cantonese Union, Ridann, Squid Ruinosa, Hizuru, Neruch, BearStackof2015, The Buckeye States, Pekweng, VW53Aland, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Kilkire, The United Asian Republics, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Enlil, Dragons Blood, Stanisiti, Matdor, Brethren, Marrabuk, Stellar Colonies, Rhealaliit, Evrigenis, Modra, Habsburg-Lorriane, Morrowine, Merlovich, ArenaC, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Asendavia, and 18 others.The Eternal Land of Jong, Coruh, Todd McCloud, Ripsylvania, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Virgoliaendorses, Quinto Piano, Mays Austrian Nation, Oofery, The Atlae Isles, Flench, BuciLand, Filipopol, A mean old man, Nevertopia, and Grey Haven of Tauraucania.