The PS2 Puppet of Aqualagoon
“Stop reading my motto!”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The PS2 Puppet of Aqualagoon is a colossal, orderly nation, notable for its compulsory military service, ban on automobiles, and fear of technology. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.323 billion Aqualagoonians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Industry, although Administration, Spirituality, and Environment are also considered important, while Welfare and Education aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 35.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aqualagoonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,645 trillion Raindrops a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, highly specialized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 197,752 Raindrops, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Constipated-looking politicians are uptight about potty mouths, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct, and the full title of Hon Leader Vcte Mgve MF PPALM GCAE runs to several pages. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Aqualagoon's national animal is the Trout, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, the full title of Hon Leader Vcte Mgve MF PPALM GCAE runs to several pages.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, constipated-looking politicians are uptight about potty mouths.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, shoppers have literally had their hands full since plastic bags were banned.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, millions of simultaneously backfiring toilets have flooded Aqualagoon City with effluent.
- : Aqualagoon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, the working classes live and die on the fields of the farming communes.
- : Following new legislation in Aqualagoon, many Aqualagoonians twitch nervously at the sight of nuns.