The Empire of Ansoku
“I licked it, it's mine!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Location: Lands End
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Empire of Ansoku is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Lotus with an iron fist, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.406 billion Ansoks are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while International Aid and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tenno City. The average income tax rate is 69.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Ansokuan economy, worth 275 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 195,987 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Police pull people off the street for even mentioning the word plane, Ansokuan tourists are banned from many nations due to their tendency to randomly explode, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Tenno City as a backdrop, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ansoku's national animal is the Kavat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Wizardology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Tenno City as a backdrop.
- : Ansoku lodged a message on the Lands End Regional Message Board.
- : Ansoku was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, Ansokuan tourists are banned from many nations due to their tendency to randomly explode.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, police pull people off the street for even mentioning the word plane.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, the Hanging Gardens account for half of Tenno City's water use.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, the nation's school children are fluent in Klingon but lack basic mathematical skills.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, most ambassadors from Ansoku retire only a few years after being appointed.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, clergy who start talking about politics are forced to take a holy vow of silence.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Bonnie Blue Republic, Ruwan Islands, Antarctican Immagrants, Nadal Mobianordia, TESDAI, Chocolatistan, Jizue Isles, Deims Kir, Authoritism, Lippeland, Artevenia, Khezite Mandali, Ha Tsan, Canasius, Thaltopia, Hazbin demons, Pyatingrad, Rixurian Conglomerate, South-Central Rhodesia, Neo URSS, Schabinur, Yemeria, FrendLEEistan, Peacockastan, Stutzist, Kathricore, Greater Drenthe, Hansa Federation, Disnk, Nordhpadhan, Arstotskiano, Tarradal, The Co-Prosperity-Sphere, Raffleston, Mabufudyne, Biggonian Megaist Empire, Singhapala Bisaya, Earthern Alliance, 3 Islands Of The East Pacific, Ofrus, New Tussia, Pantsville, Sacara, The Federation of Spokane, J Class, Ichirokuhachi, Allor II, Hollip, Ussko, Rosmoss, and 22 others.Nova Trento, Dolplandia, Roughst, Tillaania, SinLandia666, Dwebsatiania, New Trussia, New Slovakastan, Micalandia, Sonderbourg, Normianm Empire, Kingdom of New Italy, VoidborneEmpire, Senar, The Tribia, Quebecois Anem, Islan Reican, Kenaston, Nighter, LaSenpo, Libereausia, and Siluvia.