The People's Republic of Andusre
“Here Be Dragons”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
The People's Republic of Andusre is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its avant-garde cinema, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.62 billion Andusreans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vorhollah. The average income tax rate is 78.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Andusrean economy, worth 300 trillion Andusrean Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 65,034 Andusrean Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sections of the police receive paramilitary training, where there's smoke there's the Andusrean Forestry Department, councils up and down the country wrangle over legal matters, and employers are keenest on employees who lack family values. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Andusre's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Godsiniaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Andusre resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Andusre was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Arsongrad.
- : Andusre was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Andusre was endorsed by The Federation of Peabodia.
- : Andusre lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Andusre was endorsed by The Holy Hunter of Easter Eggs of Hulldom.
- : Andusre was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Rushenberg.
- : Andusre was endorsed by The Kingdom of Brototh.
- : Following new legislation in Andusre, employers are keenest on employees who lack family values.
- : Following new legislation in Andusre, councils up and down the country wrangle over legal matters.