The Khaganate of Anderum
“For our horses shall freely roam the Motherland.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Khaganate of Anderum is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, public floggings, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 3.968 billion Anderines have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sangur. The average income tax rate is 16.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Anderine economy, worth 477 trillion tungus a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 120,376 tungus, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, a firework a day does not in fact keep the doctor away, and the consent form for routine blood pressure measurement has been nominated for the 'Novel Of The Year' award. Crime is almost non-existent. Anderum's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anderum was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Foxomexra.
- : Anderum was endorsed by The Federation of The New Bulgarian Order.
- : Anderum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Anderum, the consent form for routine blood pressure measurement has been nominated for the 'Novel Of The Year' award.
- : Following new legislation in Anderum, a firework a day does not in fact keep the doctor away.
- : Anderum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Anderum was endorsed by The People's Republic of Abjekistan.
- : Anderum was endorsed by The Republic of Kentalis.
- : Anderum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Death Penalty Ban".
- : Anderum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.