The Federation of Anarkiopia
“Cat, Freedom, Work”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Federation of Anarkiopia is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 524 million Anarkiopians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cattown. The average income tax rate is 66.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Anarkiopian economy, worth 56.7 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,246 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The new one dollar coin also makes a handy throwing-star, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an Air Brancaland flight has been offered asylum, and millions of Anarkiopians are excellent swimmers. Crime is totally unknown. Anarkiopia's national animal is the wild cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anarkiopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Anarkiopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Anarkiopia, millions of Anarkiopians are excellent swimmers.
- : Following new legislation in Anarkiopia, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an Air Brancaland flight has been offered asylum.
- : Following new legislation in Anarkiopia, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Anarkiopia, the new one dollar coin also makes a handy throwing-star.
- : Following new legislation in Anarkiopia, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Anarkiopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Anarkiopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in Anarkiopia, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Amerion, Tepertopia, Corgitopiaa, Aidenfieeld, Qvait, Volaworand, WI SD EA D, Marinho Islands, Blondiesland, Tsunamy, Nowa Europa, Land Without Shrimp, New Briantown, Auphelia, Crystal Creation, Treir, Phanama, Erinor, Belschaft, Bleakfoot, Bartonia Nova, Andinla, Wallechi, Wehraboos, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, PenguinPies, Venethort, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Zataras, Linguiniland, Aumeltopia, Holota, Wakandan Tribes, Canmore, Qawe, Kandorith, Armonitopia, The Altan, Rebel-topia, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Purple Hyacinth, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, and 22 others.Bichedder, NIGHTRAY, Eternal Memedom, Libedistan, Westenhald, Philosus, Ipugao, Tughampton, Banglazstrogaria, The Stolen Lands, Soem, Sedunn, Enplatia, Greater Scottdascoda, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Carrelie, Jehenna, Yeses, Gonrati, New Belgrade, LadyRebels, and The United Australian States.