The Commonwealth of Amsterdam VIII
“Got blues? Good New New New New New New New News”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Commonwealth of Amsterdam VIII is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 492 million New Amsterdamers enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 37.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Amsterdam VIIIian economy, worth 21.0 trillion francs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,723 francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly, and children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Amsterdam VIII's national animal is the bison, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Amsterdam VIII was endorsed by The Stick Like Stickpire of The Stickmin Empire.
- : Amsterdam VIII was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Danily.
- : Amsterdam VIII was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Amsterdam VIII was endorsed by The Republic of Galebland.
- : Amsterdam VIII was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Solanosco.
- : Following new legislation in Amsterdam VIII, children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again.
- : Following new legislation in Amsterdam VIII, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly.
- : Following new legislation in Amsterdam VIII, annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Amsterdam VIII, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Amsterdam VIII was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Concrete Slab, Holota, Aidenfieeld, Marinho Islands, Wehraboos, Corgitopiaa, Jehenna, Scu Greinne, Land Without Shrimp, Belschaft, Treir, Bleakfoot, Qvait, Nowa Europa, Amerion, Greater Scottdascoda, Westenhald, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Erinor, Andinla, New Belgrade, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Tepertopia, Tughampton, Carrelie, Gonrati, Pencil Sharpeners 2, PenguinPies, Rebel-topia, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Tsunamy, Blondiesland, Twoole, Farengeto, Wakandan Tribes, Antarctic Empires, LadyRebels, Yeses, Purple Hyacinth, Ipugao, Drugged up Kitties, New Goldman, Herbert Island, Skaladoria, North Kanuckistan, Bear Connors Paradiso, Crystal Creation, Freedoom, and 20 others.Bawkie, Ebonhand, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Sandaoguo, Kaoia, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, JavaSiege, Taigama, Kaleidescooptopia, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Rhetiaa, Agletgreenia, Eastern Mekong, North Prarie, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Solanosco, Galebland, Danily, and The Stickmin Empire.