The Imperial Namouist State of Almerdonia
“Per populum, pro populus.”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Instigator
The Imperial Namouist State of Almerdonia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Empress Leia I with an iron fist, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, keen interest in outer space, and frequent executions. The compassionate, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.75 billion Almerdonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valencia de la Almarhunja. The average income tax rate is 56.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Almerdonian economy, worth 243 trillion Euro Almarhunjas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,211 Euro Almarhunjas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days, penniless buskers are singing for their supper, sexually-starved male dinosaurs terrorise tourists during weekly breakouts from Mesozoic Park, and EULAs remind customers that "Private Mode" is a browser setting rather than a promise. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Almerdonia's national animal is the Vanilla Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Namouist Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Almerdonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Almerdonia's influence in Nasunia rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Almerdonia agreed to construct embassies between Nasunia and Antaras.
- : Following new legislation in Almerdonia, EULAs remind customers that "Private Mode" is a browser setting rather than a promise.
- : Following new legislation in Almerdonia, sexually-starved male dinosaurs terrorise tourists during weekly breakouts from Mesozoic Park.
- : Following new legislation in Almerdonia, penniless buskers are singing for their supper.
- : Following new legislation in Almerdonia, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days.
- : Almerdonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Arconian Empire".
- : Following new legislation in Almerdonia, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios.
- : Following new legislation in Almerdonia, courses in how to boil water are popular for formerly microwave-reliant Almerdonians.